Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My First visit to Sri Lanka


I could spend 10 beautiful days in the pearl of Indian Ocean on my last summer vacation. Indeed this country is a pearl, it has everything. I must say that the country may look so small in scale but the heart of the people there full-size. It is hard even to imagine that one small place carries so many beautiful aspects in it. When we (me and my family) first landed the people at the airport greeted us saying “Ayubowan”, which was firstly little unfamiliar to me.

I have been to Asia before but this was the first time to Sri Lanka for all my family members. So we celebrated the return to Asia with yummy Sri Lankan foods at the hotel we stayed. The spice flavor was a great heal for my tiredness of travelling more than five hours in the flight. The little adventure journey started form the next day itself and kept going for 10 more days. We could visit several places in Jaffna, Anuradhapura, Pinnawala and in the hill country as well. The journey was full of excitements, Joy and filled with some unforgettable experiences. I was lucky as we got a chance to travel by train from Colombo to Kandy. What so special in a train right? But if you visiting Sri Lanka train ride is a must I would say.


Unfortunately the ten days went so fast and I am back to my home. But my experience in Sri Lanka will always be unforgettable. The people, their generosity, the ancient Buddhist ruins, the war ruins, the yummy curry dishes, elephants made 2015 so special for me. It was small 10 days we had to explore every corner of this amazing country. But Sri Lanka I will definitely come back again coz 10 days were not enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment