Saturday, January 16, 2016

My Travel experience in Srilanka


Through my travel experience I have some  information to share with you about Sri Lanka: 


1. The best time to visit Sri Lanka is from October to March. After that, there are less tourists who visit the country according to a local man. 

2. I felt so comfortable while talking with the locals in English. Most people there speak English very well, from a 10 year old kid to a 73 year old man, even beggars, drivers, shop sellers etc. 


3. You will have to remove your shoes or sandals, as well as your hats before entering the temples. It's very hot between 10am and 3pm. Be ready with walking on very hot ground and feel your feet burning. 


4. In Nepal and India, you hear people say "Namaste" as "Hello!", in Sri Lanka they use a different word. Women in Sri Lanka also don't wear Sari so often like the ones in Nepal and India. They wear T-shirts and long skirts, perhaps these make them feel cooler. 


5. Sri Lanka's population is 23 million people. 77% of this are Buddhists. You can find all types of meats on the menu. I often ordered fried rice, fried noodles or pizza.


 6. Tuk tuk is a popular means of transport in Sri Lanka. Some tuk tuks go very fast with loud music and I think that is quite dangerous.


7. I didn't see local soldiers during the trip. There was only one check point before our car entered the airport area, but my driver said "No problem for tourists". A policeman opened the door and asked me where I came from and then we could move on, while other cars were carefully checked. The airport is quite modern. Body check-up was just once and bag opening was not necessary. This is much more simple than Nepal. 


8. Sri Lanka is the largest tea exporter in the world. To visit the tea plantation farms, you must go to the central region of the country.The southernmost region contains the best beaches, as my driver said, they looked like paradise. 



These words are written on the souvenirs I bought in Sri Lanka"The island paradise" and"A land like no other"

No comments:

Post a Comment